Thursday, December 16, 2010

Shooting worst in 10 years: Cops

Police were back in Vancouver’s West Side on Mondays investigating what could be the biggest gang shooting. The neighbours around Oak Street and  22nd Avenueafter 10 people between the ages of 20 and 36 were hit by a spray of bullets early Sunday morning.  ”I heard about 12 shots between two o’clock and 2:08, and then I heard a woman scream. [I] looked out, and say two cars heading south. They looked to be racing.’ RCMP arrived and found many people with gunshot wounds in the street. Nine people were taken to hospital, six men and 3 women. Eight women of whom remained in hospital on Monday Many were taken into custody.


I think that this article shows how not so safe the downtown East Side is.  From all the news that I’ve seen about it, it wouldn’t be a place where I’d like to be around or even live. Hearing or even seeing 10 shootings in 8 minutes would be just horrifying to most people including the small children who might have seen. These people in gangs have to seriously smarten up and stop trying to kill people. Just because you’re in a gang, it doesn’t mean you have to be shooting people. Everyone deserves to live just as much as you do. There’s way to much of it going on in this world and I think it needs to end.


http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/PDF/2007/10/10/daily1213web.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment